TZOLK’IN THE MAYAN CALENDAR BOARD GAME
The Maya were a highly developed civilization known for its unique art, complex architecture, sophisticated mathematics and advanced knowledge of the stars. At the heart of their society was a mysterious calendar – Tzolk’in. With a length of 260 days, it could predict the right time to plant seeds, the time to build monuments, the day a new baby would be born as well as the movement of the planets. It was the centerpiece of the Mayan cycle of life.
We invite you to become one of the ajaw, the leaders of Mayan tribes. Please the gods and lead your clan to prosperity!
As in the life of ancient Maya, the center of our game is the Tzolk’in calendar – a set of gears that rotate each round of the game. This unique system helps you to visualize the cyclic flow of time and plan your actions in advance. Harvest crops now, or wait for them to grow a little more for higher yield? All will be clear to see on the wheels of time.
- Game board comprised of 4 interlocking pieces
- 6 gears of various sizes
- 1 sheet with stickers
- 6 fasteners
- 24 workers in 4 colors (6 workers per player)
- 28 round markers in 4 colors (7 markers per player)
- 4 scoring counters in 4 colors (1 for each player)
- 65 wooden cubes representing resources (wood, stone, and gold)
- 13 crystal skulls made of plastic
- 65 corn tokens of values 1 or 5
- 28 Harvest Tiles (16 Corn Harvest Tiles and 12 Wood Harvest Tiles)
- 21 Starting Wealth Tiles
- 13 Monuments
- 32 Buildings divided into 2 ages
- 4 two-sided player boards in 4 colors
- 1 Starting Player Marker
- 1 Rulebook